Monday, January 05, 2009


You know I've been guilty of watching reality shows for as long as they've been churning out, but this recent one about beautiful people (true beauty, the premise is, is within), well, what kind of beauty do the producers have when they trick contestants? I don't care how vain these kids are (I'm getting older, that's right, they're kids to me), humiliating anyone is not very pretty either, inside, outside, all around the town.

God, give us some written shows again! Please!

I auditioned for an editor/writer position with E. Jean's advice site. I met a hoarde of fantastic writers, vying for the same position. That was in late October, some are still there, but I bailed out in early December. I left when I found out that position would be announced on her new advice show being taped, I guess now, or who knows?

I felt the slight sting of manipulation. Sure, these reality show folks must sign release after release, I'm sure, and sure they're reaching for stardom on a shaky platform, but the bottom line is they are people just like the rest of us. They have feelings, too, and after watching just one episode on this reality show on beauty I realized that it's not something I shall watch anymore.

That's because I'm a beautiful person. Or at least trying to be.

No comments: